Work With The Best
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (REF BDO/01/2022)
Business Development Officer (BDO)
(Min) R380 000.00 – R420 000.00 (Max)
31 July 2022
Created in 2018, Rail Manufacturing Centre of Entrepreneurship & Rapid Incubator (RMCERI) is a fully-fledged Incubator hosted by Tshwane University of Technology and supported by The Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA).
Our mission is to develop young, technologically innovative, entrepreneurs and establish profitable SMME’s that will have a tangible impact on wealth creation, localisation and industry diversification.
Our vision is to become one of the leading and vibrant incubators in the country that drives technology innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre exists for the purpose of disseminating knowledge with regards to business and technical skills, as well as providing incubation services to potential and current entrepreneurs for creating jobs and furthering economic development in the greater Tshwane region in an effort to help alleviate poverty and reduce crime.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The main objective of this position is to manage the successful delivery of incubation services at RMCERI, and in particular, ensure effective operation and use of RMCERI facilities and achievement of enterprise development goals and objectives; establish and manage relationships with both public and private sector stakeholders, public sector entities, universities and research institutions in
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Encourage an environment of Innovative thinking and commercialisation of innovative ideas
• Identify and evaluate specific new profitable business opportunities
• Assist in achieving sales target of the SMMEs/Incubatees
• Initiate and complete proposals and presentations for new business opportunities
• Work with internal teams to deliver outstanding presentation to capture profitable business opportunity
• Maintain an excellent stakeholder relationship with existing and potential stakeholders
• Plan, implement and manage the enterprise development portfolios’ projects, programs, products and services aimed at
• Encourage the SMMEs/Incubatees to incorporate innovative
• methods to their enterprises.
• Offer coaching and mentoring to SMMEs/Incubatees
• Problem Solving skills
• Work independently and under pressure
• Be deadline orientated
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATION
Management(development) will be added as an advantage
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
• Proven track record of developing new businesses
• Strong in client connection and client services
• Strong responsibility, self-motivated, able to work under high pressure
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Experience in enterprise development
• Proven experience in an innovation and technology-driven industry or organization
• Experience in assessing viability and sustainability of small enterprises
• In depth understanding of SMME and incubation industry.
• Project Management experience
• Advanced Computer literacy – MS Office and MS Projects
• Growth Wheel
• Valid South African Drivers Licence
• Experience starting, owning, operating and/or managing a small
It is RMCERI’s objective to promote equity and representation in terms of race, gender and people living with disabilities as per the numerical target contained in the organisational Employment Equity Plan (EE Plan). To ensure compliance and successful implementation of the EE plan, all applicants should indicate their race gender and disability status in their curriculum vitae (CV).
The employment of candidate is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, education, criminal and other check as may be necessary). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
To apply, send your CV to: email@example.com quoting the reference number on the subject line